Pew Internet Report on Teens Creating and Consuming Online
57% of Teen Internet Users Create, Remix or Share Content Online"
"Half of Online Teens Download Music, One in Three Download Video; One in Five Have a Blog; One in Five Remix Others' Digital Material into Their Own Creations"
"American teenagers today are utilizing the interactive capabilities of the internet as they create and share their own media creations. Fully half of all teens and 57% of teens who use the internet could be considered Content Creators. They have created a blog or webpage, posted original artwork, photography, stories or videos online or remixed online content into their own new creations."
"Some key findings:
* 33% of online teens share their own creative content online, such as artwork, photos, stories or videos.
* 32% say that they have created or worked on webpages or blogs for others, including groups they belong to, friends or school assignments.
* 22% report keeping their own personal webpage.
* 19% of online teens keep a blog, and 38% of online teens read blogs.
* 19% of internet-using teens say they remix content they find online into their own artistic creations."
"To view the entire report, please visit: