Afterschool for All Challenge, May 8-9: Transforming Research into Action
The Afterschool for All Challenge takes place on May 8 & 9, 2012, in Washington, DC and "brings together program staff, community leaders, youth, parents, educators, advocates and elected officials from across the country to discuss the hottest topics in afterschool and meet face to face with policy makers about the importance of federal support for the afterschool programs that keep our kids safe, inspire learning and help working families.
This year we’ll be exploring the evidence base for afterschool—how before-school, afterschool and summer learning programs can and are supporting a wide range of positive outcomes for kids, families and communities. Afterschool experts and professionals working in the field will be on hand to discuss the latest research and describe how programs are already putting it to work for continuous improvement...
And there's even more to look forward to:
* The annual "Breakfast of Champions" honoring state and national Afterschool Champions
* Workshops on trending topics in afterschool, such as:
- Physical Activity
- Digital Learning
- Program Sustainability & Funding
* Indpeth advocacy & message training
* Federal policy updates & expert analysis
* Networking opportunities
* Youth Advocacy Forum for middle- and high-school students"